Scientific memberships & network partnerships:
The School of Music Studies is home to the Hellenic Musicological Society (est.2012), which represents Greece in the International Musicological Society (IMS). School of Music Studies staff have co-founded regional sectors and specialist study groups in the IMS, including the IMS Regional Association for the Study of Music of the Balkans and the IMS Study Group on Music and Violence. The scientific journal of the IMS RASMB, Series Musicologica Balcanica, is published at Aristotle University, with members of the School of Music Studies serving at the editorial team.
Since 2019, the School is an Associate member of the European Consortium for the Arts Therapies Education.
International conferences & arts events:
The School of Music Studies regularly hosts and organizes large-scale research events as well as arts festivals and competitions, in partnership with leading international organizations.
Below is an indicative list of international events organized and/or hosted by the School in recent years:
- 21st Quinquennial Conference of the International Musicological Society, 22-26 August 2022, Athens, Greece
- 2nd International Conference on Timbre – TIMBRE2020, 2-4 September 2020, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Xenakis International Composition Competition, 2016-ongoing, Thessaloniki, Greece
- outHEAR New Music Week, Symposium and Composer Master Class, 2018-ongoing, Larissa, Greece
- Τeheran International Electronic Music Festival, 2017-ongoing, Teheran, Iran,
- CAIPT International Symposium Creative Arts Interconnection – Paideia – Therapy 30-31 March 2019, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Joint 5th International Conference on Analytical Approaches to World Music Analysis (AAWM 2018) and the 8th International Workshop on Folk Music Analysis (FMA 2018), 26-29 June 2018, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 12th International Conference of Music Perception and Cognition (ICMPC) and 8th European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM), 23-28 July 2012, Thessaloniki, Greece
- International Musicological Conference “Crossroads: Greece as an intercultural pole of musical thought and creativity”, 6-10 June 2011, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Beyond the Centres: Musical Avant Gardes Since 1950, 1-5 July 2010, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 4th Conference on Interdisciplinary Musicology (CIM08), 3-6 July 2008, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- International Computer Music Conference (ICMC 97), 25-30 September 1997, Thessaloniki.