The School's staff and graduate students have a strong track record of developing and participating in research projects, either individually, or in partnership with other Higher Education departments and institutions, as well as public and private sector bodies.
Below you can find links to funded projects which are currently underway, involving School of Music Studies staff. For information on past projects & completed research, please visit the Research Laboratories and Research Groups pages, as well as individual staff members‘ personal pages.
- MusiCoLab – Virtual Workshop for Music Education and Collaboration (2021-2023). RESEARCH – CREATE – INNOVATE call, www.eyde-etak.gr. Partners: Hellenic Mediterreanean University, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, D. Neonakis, A Tsikandilakis. PI for AUTH: Emilios Cambouropoulos
- Sounds Now (2019-2022). Creative Europe. Partners: Onassis Stegi, Musica – Impulse Center for Music, Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, November Music, Spor Festival, Transit, Ultima Oslo Contemporary Music Festival, Time of Music, Wilde Westen. Participant Researcher (Multimodal Community Composition Project Leader): Danae Stefanou (Associate Professor).
- Τransmissions Network (2019-2022). EEA/Norwegian Financial Mechanisms. Partners: Onassis Stegi, Ultima Oslo Contemporary Music Festival. Participant Researcher (Transmissions Sound Art Residency Coordinator): Danae Stefanou (Associate Professor).
- Labor Beethoven 2020. BKM Deutschland. Partners: Berliner Akademie der Künste, FHNW Basel, Tel Aviv University. PI for AUTH: Dimitri Papageorgiou.
- Evaluation of the CHAMELEON system in human musical creativity (2018-2020). National Greek Project EDBM (5005182). Principal Investigator: Emilios Cambouropoulos. Research associates: Maximos Kaliakatsos-Papakostas, Asterios Zacharakis, Stamatia Kalaitzidou.
- Composer Collider Europe (2017-2020). Creative Europe. Partners: HFMT Köln, Ensemble Musikfabrik, Royal Conservatoire The Hague. PI for AUTH: Μichalis Lapidakis. Participant researchers: Dimitri Papageorgiou (Ass. Professor), Dimitris Maronidis (Special Teaching Staff), Petros Leivadas, Michali Paleologou, Antonis Rouvelas (PhD candidates), Zesses Seglias (Post-Doc Researcher)
- International Composition Competition Iannis Xenakis. AUTH Research Committee grant. PI for AUTH: Dimitris Maronidis. Start Date: 2016.